Reports to: CFO/COO
Remote / Hybrid
Send Resume to:
We Are Ignik
We are outdoor people who live, work and play outdoors. Our mission is to help people get outside sooner and stay outside longer by bringing heating products to market that are high quality and environmentally thoughtful. The culture at Ignik is based on a connection to each other and the outdoors. We always strive to work with integrity and good judgment, and we are not afraid to fail. We strive to be the change.
Ignik will be known as the worldwide leader in sustainable outdoor heat. As a Controller with Ignik, you play a key role in the performance management of our rapidly expanding business. You will report to our CFO/COO and work closely with all members of the management team. You play an important role in helping the organization achieve growth targets and foster a sound and solid financial controlling practice while balancing the demands of rapid growth.
Your role can be performed either remotely or onsite in Bainbridge Island, however we will expect you to work together with the team from the Bainbridge Island office an average of a day per week.
Our employees receive a high level of freedom and responsibility. As an Ignik team member, you are expected to follow the processes and methods we do have, but also to apply your own business sense, analytical abilities, leadership, interpersonal skills and good judgement to solve challenges and tasks for which there yet is no standard. The nature of being a growing business, forces – and allows – us to be exceedingly entrepreneurial and solution-oriented. We don’t have all of the answers and need creativity and innovation from all of our team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ongoing Monthly financial analysis
- Monthly business reviews of all operations
- Book closing activities
- Short term financial planning with yearly budgets and quarterly forecasts
- Long term financial planning
- Business case calculations to evaluate new opportunities
- Report generation
- Supervise the work of direct reports providing guidance and motivation to drive maximum performance.
- Inventory and cost accounting
- Dashboarding and reporting
- Exec and board report preparation
- Corporate insurance
Controller Qualifications / Skills:
Leading the development and management of processes related to:
- Efficient usage of all Financial software
- Development of best practices and standards
- Auditing, accounting, and corporate finance standard operating procedures
- Sales Tax implementation, filing, recording
- Demonstration of strong Financial skills
- Analyzing information for use of strategic financial decision making
- Timely and accurate development of budgets
- Effective performance management
Education and/or Experience
- Experience with financial reporting requirements
- Five or more years of work experience in an accounting or finance role
- Bachelor's degree or higher in accounting, finance or a related field
- CPA license is preferred.
- Experience with hiring, training, and supervising employees
- Great interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Thorough knowledge of GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles), standards and regulations
- Multi state sales tax experienced preferred
- Experience with accounting software, ERP systems and databases
- Superior data management and data analysis skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Ability to manipulate and analyze large data sets using advanced Excel skills.
- Strong attention to detail
- Works well in very dynamic and growing environments
Ignik Outdoor is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Send Resume to: