Job Title: Customer Experience Representative
Ignik Outdoors makes quality, innovative outdoor heating products designed to keep you warm and let you stay out longer. Started from a family sailboat trip in the Arctic, Ignik is focused on sustainable, environmentally thoughtful products that give back and help solve our common, everyday need to stay warm while we live and play outside. As a proud member of 1% for the Planet, Ignik gives one percent of all sales to help fight climate change in the Arctic and protect our winters.
Customer Experience Representative
Full-time / Flexible + Travel / Entry-Mid level
Location: Able to regularly travel on/off Bainbridge Island, WA
Ignik is looking for a “Do It All” customer experience representative to provide stellar support to our dealers, reps, and consumers. This position will work closely with teammates across departments and contribute to the ongoing improvements of our business processes. The ideal candidate will be fluent in both high-touch customer service and internal systems management.
We are Ignik Outdoors
Ignik is a young, rapidly growing company that makes environmentally thoughtful heating products to help people get outside sooner and stay outside longer. Our culture, our product expertise, and our secret sauce come from our people and from our connection to the outdoors. We strive to work with integrity and good judgment, and we are not afraid to fail. And we are committed to making a difference, through our products, our work, and through our partnerships.
- What we do: We make high quality, environmentally thoughtful heating products for the outdoors. We sell to small chains like REI, online, and to specialty outdoor retailers across the country.
- Founded: 2018
- Homebase: Bainbridge Island, Washington
- Reports to: Sales Director
- Works closely with: Sales & Operations Assistant, Marketing Manager, product team
- Time commitment: full time, M-F, hours flexible
- FLSA Status: Hourly/Non-Exempt
- Location: flexible, ability to commute to Bainbridge Island 1-2x per week
- Start date: 2/15/23
- Compensation: DOE
- Perks: Medical benefits, flexible work environment, autonomy and flexible PTO, industry discounts on gear, opportunities to participate in industry events
- Opportunity for travel to company and industry events
- Provide stellar support to our dealers and reps, including order management, shipments, and regular communication.
- Own and manage the information flow for orders and communication with our dealers and reps.
- Offer support and guidance to our consumers on their Ignik product journey by answering questions daily over email, chat and phone. Our consumers are our most valuable asset!
- Coordinate with the warehouse daily on direct to consumer and dealer order fulfillment.
- Maintain accurate inventory in inventory management system and point of sale system.
- Generate regular reports on customer service, inventory, orders, etc.
- Help create and develop systems and processes to improve efficiency.
- Must be able to sit or stand for extended periods
- Must be able to bend and reach overhead
- Must be able to regularly lift and carry up to 50 lbs
Our Ideal Candidate
- Has demonstrated experience fostering customer loyalty.
- Has a high level of organization and the ability to effectively manage multiple projects and priorities.
- Has experience managing data between business systems.
- Has a warm, professional personality with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Is a flexible team player who will look around for ways to help.
- Understands technology and can navigate basic cloud-based software (inventory management, customer service, communication, etc.)
- Loves to be outdoors.
- Is not afraid to fail.
- Follows through and follows up.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2-4 Years of Customer Success experience.
- Demonstrated experience fostering customer loyalty.
- Demonstrated high level of organization and ability to effectively manage several projects and priorities.
- Experience with D2C and Dealer management.
- Experience with social media.
- Confidence, self-discipline and the ability to work remote.
- Understanding of email marketing
- Familiar with EDI (SPS, Radial…)
- Expertise with Shopify / Web / Social
- Experience in the Outdoor Industry
- Flexible work environment
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Flexible PTO for full time employees
- Industry Deals on Outdoor Gear from Outdoor Prolink, discounts on climbing gym and ski passes (location dependent).
- Opportunities to participate in Outdoor Industry events including on-slope activations, overland festivals, trade shows and more
- Depends on Experience
Ignik is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Do you love helping people find the right products for their adventures? Do you want to help build an exciting brand in the Outdoor Industry? Do you like to wear several hats and collaborate with team members to improve the brand, products, and customer experience? Do you like going on adventures outdoors, sleeping in the cold, setting up campsites? Let’s talk!
To apply: please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
To learn more about us: Ignik.com
To reach us: firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. However, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position, and is subject to change at our discretion at any time.