Job Title: / Accountant
Ignik Outdoors is looking for an Accountant to handle AP/AR, cash, inventory, payroll, and other accounting responsibilities. This position will work closely with teammates across departments and contribute to the ongoing improvements of our business processes. The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced autonomous work environment and will be eager to contribute to process improvement initiatives in parallel with their daily workload.
We are Ignik Outdoors
Ignik is a young, rapidly growing company that makes environmentally thoughtful heating products to help people get outside sooner and stay outside longer. Our culture, our product expertise, and our secret sauce come from our people and from our connection to the outdoors. We strive to work with integrity and good judgment, and we are not afraid to fail.
- What we do: We make high quality, environmentally thoughtful heating products for the outdoors. We sell to small chains like REI, online, and to specialty outdoor retailers across the country.
- Founded: 2018
- Homebase: Bainbridge Island, Washington
- Team: 12 energetic outdoorsy individuals
- Expedition Vehicles/Boats/Adventure Rigs owned by team: 7
- Reports to: Director of Operations
- Works closely with: Sales Operations Representative, Financial team
- Supervises: n/a
- Time commitment: full time, M-F, hours flexible
- Location: Ability to commute to headquarters on Bainbridge Island, WA at least 1-2x per week
- Start date: 3/15/23
- Compensation: $60,000 - $70,000 salary, DOE
- Perks: Medical benefits, flexible work environment, autonomy and flexible PTO, industry deals
- Perform general cost accounting and other related accounting duties.
- Process accounts payable and receivable, reconcile all transactions.
- Ensure accounting system accurately reflects unit counts and value of inventory.
- Calculate wages, benefits, tax deductions, commissions, and other payroll-related items and process payroll on a bi-weekly basis.
- Create and maintain payroll files for employees, track employee hours and ensure compliance with overtime and other labor laws.
- Prepare regular balance sheets, profit & loss statements, cash flow statements, and other financial reports.
- Manage near-term cash flow forecasts given current cash balances and expected future receipts and payments.
- Work closely with operations team to assess, develop, and implement an ERP solution.
- Contribute to ongoing operational, process, and tool improvement discussions, assessments, and implementation.
- Provide support and advice to management.
- Assist with other accounting and finance tasks as needed.
- Must be able to sit or stand for extended periods.
- Must be able to consistently operate a computer and other equipment that involves the use of arms, wrists, and hands.
- Must be able to regularly lift and carry up to 25 lbs.
- Has a minimum of 2 years of experience in accounting processes.
- Is proficient with Microsoft Office and Oracle NetSuite.
- Can easily navigate basic cloud-based software (inventory management, payroll, communication, etc.).
- Has a high level of organization and the ability to effectively manage several projects and priorities simultaneously.
- Has a proven ability to meet deadlines for monthly closes and communicates proactively what obstacles impede meeting those deadlines for proactive avoidance.
- Has experience managing data between business systems.
- Is a flexible team player who will look around for ways to help.
- Loves to be outdoors.
- Is not afraid to fail.
- Follows through and follows up.
- Has a high school diploma/GED or equivalent.
Ignik is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
We’d love to hear from you.
To apply: please upload a cover letter and resume here:
To learn more about us: Ignik.com
To reach us: email@example.com
NOTE: This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. However, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position, and is subject to change at our discretion at any time.